Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Autumn Projects - Part Two


I have an update on one of my projects from my Autumn Projects post {here}.   You may remember, I was going to stitch this small table topper and I was deciding on floss colors


I decided to go with the perle cotton in this beautiful color variation.  This is DMC No. 4128.  I am very happy with the selection! 


 It really compliments the fabric and I just love the effect that the color variation gives.  For the embroidery,  I used the Lazy Daisy, Stem, and Straight Stitches.


After I did all the embroidering on this, I cut piece of white fabric to use as a backing piece.  


I pinned the two pieces right sides together


and sewed around the edges.  I left about a 2" opening so that I could turn the piece inside out and have the seam and raw edges inside and the right sides out.

Before I turned this inside out, I cut each corner on a diagonal so that it would reduce bulk and be easier to turn the corners. 


I turned it right side out and then I hand stitched the 2" opening closed.


This table topper really matches these wood pieces.   I am looking forward to using it with them!


10 comments:

Darlene said...

How pretty. I think the floss color is perfect, it goes with the wood so well.

Thanks for the reminder of cutting off the corners to remove some of the bulk. It's a good tip that really works.

Lilasesazuis said...

Kim, querida,

O que posso dizer?

Lindo, perfeito...e com a cor do outono!!

beijinhos, uma semana bem bonita para você,

Lígia e =^.^=

Вик Вик said...

Wow!
I did not think that this color is DMC so lovely!=)
Very nice work!

Kim said...

Darlene - Thank you! I am really pleased with the matching. The fabric looks fairly light in these pictures, it is a much warmer tone in person :)
Ligia - Obrigado! Eu amo o outono. Tenha uma semana maravilhosa :)
Вик Вик - Thank you! I was really wondering about the color too - now I love it!

Angela Lee said...

That turned out really pretty Kim. Your stitching is perfect as usual, and I think you made the right choice on the colors. I never would have thought to use that color. It absolutely works!

Kim said...

:) Thank you Angela!

Stephanie said...

Hi Kim! I am so happy to have come across your delightful blog - I had a wonderful time scrolling through your posts and admiring your beautiful creations.

I am very happy to be a new follower and I look forward to visiting again. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

Kim said...

Thank you and welcome Stephanie!
I have just been looking at your beautiful blog and gorgeous photography!! Have a great weekend :)

Ana Love Craft said...

Sooo beautiful and delicate! Lovely creation!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Ana - Thank you!!