Friday, July 25, 2014

Ballerina Pillow Project - Part Five


 I have an update to share on my ballerina pillow project. 

You can read my other posts about this project here: {part one} {part two} {part three{part four}

All the stitching for the front panel of the pillow is finished.  I measured the dimensions of the fabric.  It is a rectangle measuring approximately 15-1/2" horizontal x 12" vertical. 

I cut another piece of fabric for the back panel.


 Now I need to square up all the sides of both pieces of fabric to exact dimensions.  I need to use my rotary cutter for that.  I am not very accurate when cutting with scissors!


I also want to have the back panel embroidered.  I am trying to narrow down my choices to one of these motifs:



Then I will form the pillow and choose a beautiful trim for the edges.  I like these choices, this is what I have on hand, but I don't have enough of the pink and I think it may be too narrow.  I will probably do a combination of colors.  I LOVE the green velvet so I know I will use that :)



I will make sure to post my next steps!

7 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm so glad it's you that has to make the decisions!! Too many wonderful choices...I would have a hard time deciding!

I can't wait to see it all finished, the trims are gorgeous!

Kim said...

Darlene - Thank you!! I don't know how I will decide either! I like them all lol!

Diana Art said...

came out beautifully, especially garland

Kim said...

Thank you Diana! I think the garland is my favorite part.

Lilasesazuis said...

Kim,

The colors are beautiful finish.

I'm sure it will be beautiful ... I'm anxious to see it finished.

Have a beautiful weekend,

kisses,

Ligia e = ^. ^ =

Наталья Снежная said...

Very interesting project! Waiting for the final part!))

Kim said...

Ligia - Thank you! I can't wait to get this one done :) Have a great weekend!

Наталья Снежная - Thank you! I will keep posting my progress!