Friday, November 15, 2013

La Cucina Italiana Part 4 - Finished!


I finished the olive border from my La Cucina wip.  I love the result!  As you may remember, I stitched this border onto fabric that I am going to use as a bread basket liner.  The fabric is a nice large size, the finished dimensions are 19 1/2" x 15 1/2".


As you can see, it is much easier to photograph this when it is folded in half!


I hand stitched the hem.  This is a 1" hem, with the raw edge folded under.  I had considered top stitching the hem but decided to just press the hem and hand stitch it in place.   I am so glad I did because you can hardly see my stitching and it just really gives a nice soft edge to the piece.


And I actually successfully stitched mitered corners! 


I am happy to have this project completed and to have kept an accurate record of all the details!  Or maybe not when I see the amount of time between my project start date and project end date?!


Here are the floss colors I used:



11 comments:

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

Ficou lindo e delicado!
Você é extremamente organizada, parabéns!
Um abraço!
Egléa

It was beautiful and delicate!
You are extremely organized, congratulations!
Hugs!
Egléa

Lilasesazuis said...

Kim, honey,

Their work is impeccable.

Purple ... oh ... how beautiful!

kisses and a great weekend,

Ligia and =ˆ.ˆ=

Darlene said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!

Sparklyjools said...

This is lovely - and well done on your beautiful mitred corners!

chaltom said...

Very beautiful work, I love it. You really have and eye for color and design.

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

It's really beautiful!! I love the colours :)

Kim said...

Eglea - Thanks!!
Ligia - Thank you!
Darlene - :) Thanks!
Jules - Thanks! I am really happy over those corners.
Hi chaltom - :) Thank you!!
Silvia - Thank you! I love these colors too :)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

A lovely design and beautifully stitched. Really like the colours you chose too.

Angela Lee said...

Wow, Kim. That is gorgeous!! Great work, and it's lined up so perfectly!

Kim said...

Jeanette - Thank you!
Angela - :) Thanks! I really took my time with the hem!

Fabrics said...

Purple <3, well, mixing different colors can turn out really great, specially if the colors you chose blend well together, which made this border very lovely.