Thursday, July 18, 2013

An Almost Finish And A New Wip



I finished all the embroidery on my La Cucina stitching.  I am really pleased with it!  Especially the colors:


I used a variety of stitches, the lettering is done in the Back Stitch:



The flower petals are Fishbone Stitch and the flower centers are the Jacobean Couching Stitch.  The yellow swirls are Satin Stitches and French Knots .  I will post again about how I am going to finish this little project now that the embroidery is done.




Now on to my newest wip - this olive branch border is also from La Cucina Italiana.  Isn't this fabric beautiful?  I can't wait to start stitching on it.



For my floss colors, I am thinking of this combination:  I may add some different greens to give a shading effect.  I love how much this fabric and these floss colors match these recipe cards too:



I think I will start stitching these olives first. 



I will be sure to post pictures of my progress!

11 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

It is beautiful!! Your stitching is always to perfection! Recently, when I discovered your blog, I found myself going back page after page admiring your work, enjoying every minute of it and learning as I go. So glad to have found you! Blessings!

Johanna said...

The fishbone stitch is so lovely!

Beena said...

Nice one dear . willtry

Annette-California said...

La Cucina looks fantastic Kim. Beautifully stitched. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the olive branch border. Love the colors you picked.
love Annette

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

Adorei o resultado do seu bordado! O preenchimento das letras , das pétalas das flores e do miolo! tudo lindo! Parabéns!
Estou curiosa e ansiosa para ver como você fará o ramo de oliveira.
Um abraço!
Egléa

I love the result of your embroidery! The filling of the letters, the petals of flowers and crumb! Everything is beautiful! Congratulations!
I'm curious and anxious to see how you make the olive branch.
Hugs!
Egléa

Kim said...

Hi Mrs. Smith - Thank you! :) I am so glad you found the blog and are enjoying it. I am really enjoying posting.
Johanna - Thank you! I love this stitch, so pretty and really easy to stitch too.
Beena - Thank you!
Annette - Thanks! I am really happy with the colors too :)
Eglea - Thank you! I think I will try some color shading on the olive branch too.

Cecilia said...

Wow! I bought this pattern because I was loving the photos you had previouly posted. Now I'm feeling very inspired! Beautiful!

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

It's very nice! Beautiful colour combination :)

Kim said...

Cecilia - Great! I am so glad. This is definitely a fun one, I would love to hear about the projects you do with this!
Silvia - Thank you! I love this color combination too :)

dandelion said...

i love your stitching on this one, it's so beautiful x

Kim said...

:) Thank you Kate!