Thursday, August 23, 2012

Progress Report - Sewing Room wip

Here is a little progress on my sewing room project.  I have finished stitching the measuring tape and the scissors.  I don't know if you can see them in this picture, but the pattern has five buttons above the tape measure.  I am ready to start stitching the buttons - I have a few buttons from my button supply to give me some color ideas.  Actually, some of these buttons are the perfect size to just sew onto this project.  I could do that rather than embroider buttons...


You might notice that I ended up stitching the scissor handles in orange.  This was after trying to decide which color would look best - I want to thank you everyone for your comments and ideas on my last post :) I went with the orange and I think it looks wonderful!


And speaking of orange:



I wanted to share these pictures from my blooming zinnia.  Isn't this a beautiful color?


8 comments:

sewphie said...

that looks great - i think sewing some actual buttons on would look really nice

Rachel said...

I like the buttons too, I love adding dimension to embroidered designs. I notice you didn't do the pins yet...know what I would do? Seed beads for the tops.

Oh and I love your zinnia! You're either good or lucky - the deer eat all the heads off mine. :/

Angela Lee said...

I vote for the buttons. I have also seen people use embroidered covered buttons. What dimension that would be! lol What are you going to do with this? I'm eager to find out.

l'alternativa said...

Bello il tuo ricamo e stupenda la tua zinnia. Baci
Emi

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It looks great and I love the idea of attaching 'real' buttons or making embroidered covered buttons!

Kim said...

Sewphie - Thank you! I think so too and that is probably what I will end up doing.
Rachael - Thanks - seed beads are a fantastic idea! I had satin stitched a pin head in yellow and didn't like the way it looked so I took it back out :) seed beads would add some sparkle too.
I'm sorry about your zinnias - deer damage is not a problem here -not with two dogs!
Angela - Embroidered covered buttons would be great - I have never actually made a covered buttons but I have seen the little kits you can use. I am not really sure what I am going to do with this - I had wanted to frame it but I thought i would wait to see what it looks like when it is finished
Grazie Emi!
Archie - Thank you! I love this idea too :)

Digna said...

Hi Kim
It's very nice. Buttons will look very beautiful.
Regards

Kim said...

Hi Digna :) Thank you!