Monday, May 21, 2012

Sweet Dreams Baby Shower Gift Completed!

Remember the gift I was planning for a baby shower? Well...things didn't go as I planned in that earlier post. I changed my color scheme as soon as I started playing around with the fabric and floss!




Instead of the variegated browns, oranges and minty greens...I went with these beautiful colors.  They are less of a contrast with the blue and white checked fabric so I think they give the whole picture a more sleepy, dreamy feeling. 



I did use quite a few of the new stitches I have learned.  Here you can see the threaded running stitch in light and dark yellow for the moon


and the double knot stitch for the moon's hat:


I used back stitch for the lettering, the moon's facial features and the stars, french knots for the tiny accent dots and chain stitch to outline the clouds:


When I finished the stitching, I backed the fabric with a piece of similar weight white fabric, wrapped them both around a piece of cardboard and put them in the shadowbox frame:


Then I put the back on the frame and it was ready to go!


I am really happy with the way it turned out. Here are the floss colors I used with thier corresponding dmc numbers:

15 comments:

Makolina said...

sweet and beautiful ;-)

CoccinellaDots said...

So sweet!

Katie said...

Really cute! I love the font you used!

Unknown said...

Amazing! I love this Alphabet. Are there a pattern of them? Kisses from Brazil!

ajoyfuldawn said...

So cute!!

l'alternativa said...

E' dolcissimo, mi piace proprio tanto, lo terrò presente per un futuro regalo. Baci
Emi

Farah said...

Adorable love the colour combinations...

With Love
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com
Farah

Angela Lee said...

It is precious Kim. Great job! I know they will love it.

Kim said...

Kasia - Thank you!
Thank you - CoccinellaDots!
Thanks Katie - I love stitching those letters :)
Simone - Thank you! These letters are in the Shhh...Baby's Sleeping pattern. There isn't an alsphabet but it has the words "nap time" "Shhh Baby's Sleeping" "Sweet dreams"
Hi ajoyfuldawn - Thank you!
:) Grazie Emi! Questo è stato divertente da ricamare.
Thank you Farah!
Hi Angela - Thank you!

Johanna said...

So cute! My favourite is the threaded running stitch for the moon. :)

Kim said...

Thanks Johanna! I think that is my fav too - it is soooo easy to do and I love the look of it :)

Papgena Made It said...

you did a great job!! It's beautiful! And I do like the colors combination! and letters' design!

Kim said...

:) Thank you Papgena!

Unknown said...

This is just adorable.

Kim said...

Thanks Pam! I'm really pleased with the result.