Thursday, May 3, 2012

Baby Shower WIP

We are having another baby boy born into our family and that means another baby shower! For this shower gift, I have what I hope will turn out to be a great idea :)   It involves this shadow box picture frame.  This is an 8" x 8" frame:


I am going to take this baby blue checkered fabric:


Transfer this "Sweet dreams" motif onto the fabric:


and stitch it up using a variety of my newly learned stitches in some or all of these colors:


Then I will add the backing and put it inside the shadow box and add some trim - either inside the shadow box - sort of framing it, or maybe tied around the outside? 


I will post some pictures of my progress and of course some pictures of the final result!
I have two pictures I took a few days ago in during our sunny weather. This is Berit:


and this is Rego.  I used a tennis ball as a distraction in each of these pictures so they would sit still -they don't like to take time for pictures! 


17 comments:

Cath said...

I love your puppies! and I can't wait to see the finished picture in its frame!

l'alternativa said...

Che bel lavoro, non vedo l'ora di vederlo completato e che belli i tuoi cagnoni
Baci
Emi

Kim said...

Cath - Thank you!I'll post a picture when I am done - I have already changed a few of the floss colors lol!
Ciao Emi Grazie! Non dovrebbe portarmi a lungo per terminare. Questi due cuccioli sono così dolci!

Johanna said...

I bet your plans will come out really nice :) This is such a creative plan!
I have been doing a bit of embroidery (just beginning to learn)- I thought to myself- you should create some sort of sampler pattern for all the cool stitches you've done tutorials on! Unless you already have one?
I love to see the special stitches incorporated into your projects :)

E McDowell said...

I am sure this is something they will treasure - beautiful and special.

Makolina said...

Sweet dog!!! My dog ​​is Rambo ;-)

Makolina said...

I awarded your blog ;-)

Angela Lee said...

Can't wait to see the finished project! The pups are cute as always.

Denise :) said...

Cannot wait to see a finished project here -- you always have such pretty work!! :)

Kim said...

Johanna - Thank you - that is such a great idea, I would have a lot to work with...I am up to 66 of the 100 stitches! I'm so glad you are learning to embroider. It is so much fun.
EMcDowell - Thank you! I hope so.
Kasia - I bet Rambo is a sweetie. Thank you! and thank you for the blog award!!! :)
Hi Angela - Thank you! They can be hard to photograph - especially together in the same picture!
Thanks Denise! I should be finished soon!

Unknown said...

HI Kim! I think it will be marvellous! I almost can't wait to see it! The pattern is so sweety! Congrats, my dear!

Unknown said...

This looks like a terrific idea. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Kim said...

Thank you Simone!
Hi Pam :) Thank you - I will be posting the completed project this week!

Papgena Made It said...

I looking foward to see the final project! I really like your choice of fabric and design. Are you going to do appliqué too?

Kim said...

Thank you Papgena - I think applique would be beautiful! I have already finished this one, but I would love to to try it!

Anonymous said...

Is the pups first name Grinn N. ?? haha

Kim said...

Anonymous - LOL!