Monday, March 7, 2011

salad fixings

I have just finished stitching up this picture of yummy salad fixings: There are carrots, radishes, greens, green onions and of course a big ripe tomato. I think this would be so perfect stitched on a fabric grocery bag:I love all these fresh spring colors! I especially like the colors at the bottom of the green onions: I mostly used pearl cotton floss for this stitching: This little group of salad fixings is part of my new embroidery pattern packet - Salad Fixings. Here is what the pattern packet looks like: 12 pages packed full of all things salad! I have really been in a spring mood despite the cold rainy weather we are having. Look what I spotted over the weekend:
Crocuses!

6 comments:

donna!ee said...

these are wonderful! would you also happen to have a pattern for those kitschy faces i've seen on veggies & pots & pans?? :)

Unknown said...

Oh, Kim, this is so yummy... Lovely! xoxo

Farah said...

Hi Kim...

Its so cute and what a idea not only for a grocery tote but also a wall hanging in kitchen...
Hope you will enjoy your visit if you can spare a little bit to see some napkin folds
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Kim said...

Hi donna!ee - Thank you! I love those kitschy faces! I don't have any now, but that is a really good idea for a fun pattern!
Thanks Simone!
Thank you Farah - I really enjoyed your post!

MomWaldsPlace said...

I am more than a little jealous of your crocuses.

Your veggies fit right in with the "Embroidered Fruit and Veggie Quilt Project" that I have started at momwaldsplace.blogspot.com. It is to raise money to help with relief in Japan. It would be wonderful if you would participate, mention it in your blog, or simply anything!

I cannot believe you just did veggies...

Judy said...

Great blog - I have really enjoyed dropping in for a visit!