Saturday, January 1, 2011

New project!

Do you remember back a few posts when I was wondering about making a quilt with all the snowman images? Well...I have made up a quilt plan!I have sketched this simple diagram to show the size and layout. This sketch shows the five eight by eight inch squares that will each have a different embroidered snowman:I have two of the snowmen stitched up and ready to go and I have started on a third. I have transferred the patterns of the remaining two onto fabric so they are ready to stitch. The rest of the squares will be four by four inch. I am also going to stitch some of the embellishment patterns onto some of these random squares. The four by four squares will all be in these fabrics - the red and white polka dot, powder blue and red:
I hope this works out! I love the color scheme and I am excited to start the sewing squares together part of the quilt! When everyone is sewn together, I think I will add some decorative embroidery stitches too. I will keep the blog posted on my progress!

14 comments:

Sara said...

This is going to be fun to watch your progress Kim!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your progress!!
-Sam

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your snowmen are adorable! I love the fabric combo you chose.

John'aLee said...

Those are adorable. I just love the things you come up with. I am working on a snowman design with applique and embroidery in soft colors. Most likely won't be out until the end of the year though.
Snowmen seem to be so popular!
Have a great year sweetie. I have so enjoyed getting to know you.

Annie said...

love your idea and can't wait to watch as you sew and to see the finish!...

Nima said...

lovely idea. i can't wait to see the finished piece

MomWaldsPlace said...

Lookin' Good! What a fun project to cheer up dreary January days.

Libby said...

Yay! I can't wait to see this!! Love those colors!

Leslie said...

This is going to be super cute and cheery. I love that it is a winter quilt instead of just Christmas. Can't wait to see it finished.

Unknown said...

It´s adorable! I can´t wait to see this work finished! Kisses! Happy New Year!

Kim said...

Happy new year everyone and thank you for your nice comments! I can't wait to post my first progress picture!

Farah said...

Hello Kim I am bit late because of guests from last two weeks... but happy to catch you before you post complete project... Your colours are lovely, red looks so appealing with light shades... ok now I am waiting for the end result...
Happy New Year

http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

StitchinByTheLake said...

Hi Kim, I have just recently found your blog (Madame Samm sent me your address) and have so enjoyed going back and reading. I love embroidery and quilting both so this post really appealed to me. The snowmen are so cute and will make a wonderful quilt. blessings, marlene

Kim said...

Hi Marlene, thank you so much! I am really enjoying this project and will be posting some progress pictures soon - I only have one more snowman to stitch :)